That these eyes of mine
That once saw only sun
Are clouded by the shadows
That now stretch
At such sharp angles
To the horizon?”
Summer lay beneath the fallen leaves
And trembled at the chill
Of Autumn’s breath along his neck.
He lurched abruptly, then he lay there,
Indifferent to the coming cold,
Within her – Summer’s child.
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
Clothesline on Twitter
Wanna be on Clothesline?
- Awesomepreneurs We Love: Erik Stonikas | Awesomepreneur - Work With Heart on Stories of the Apocalypse: Fall Back, Move Forward
- tbuckley3 on No, Really, This is What I Do
- Erik Stonikas on Call for Submissions: Springboard
- Rachael Kay Albers on Call for Submissions: Springboard
- melanie on Stories of the Apocalypse: Fall Back, Move Forward