COCKPUNCH POWER POLL
This week, President Obama issued a memo “directing federal agencies to use foreign aid dollars to combat the criminalization of homosexuality, protect LGBT refugees and asylum seekers, and respond to human rights abuses in foreign countries.” In response, Rick Perry said, “Investing tax dollars promoting a lifestyle many Americas of faith find so deeply objectionable is wrong.” But what I heard was, “When I’m president, we’re not spending taxpayer money on anything that the Westboro Baptist Church doesn’t approve of first.”
This week, Secretary of State Clinton commemorated International Human Human Rights Day with a speech in which she declared, “[G]ay rights are human rights, and human rights are gay rights.” In response, Rick Perry released a television spot in which he said, “you don’t need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there’s something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can’t openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.” But what I heard was, “Hey bigots. Look at me! I’m a bigot, too! Make me president and we can make a more bigoted America!”
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
Clothesline on Twitter
Wanna be on Clothesline?
- Awesomepreneurs We Love: Erik Stonikas | Awesomepreneur - Work With Heart on Stories of the Apocalypse: Fall Back, Move Forward
- tbuckley3 on No, Really, This is What I Do
- Erik Stonikas on Call for Submissions: Springboard
- Rachael Kay Albers on Call for Submissions: Springboard
- melanie on Stories of the Apocalypse: Fall Back, Move Forward